Friday, May 11, 2007

ok, these pictures are way out of order, but it's late and i don't feel like rearranging them! :)
i wish this picture were less blurry! this is me and my sweet Ulysses. i try not to have favorites, but if i did, he would be one of them!
gotta love the fact that we were still playing in the street at 10:15 at night and this was considered perfectly normal!
these guys keep things interesting for me when i'm out in canal 58!
on monday, we had a class on "paint talks." basically, you have a painting started and finish it while telling a story. it's pretty cool and great here in mexico where most people are visual learners. here is one of my paintings after i gave a talk and completed it.
laura and i passed this sign the other day while out exploring (and trying to find the shoe mall, which we did!) we weren't quite sure what to think, except that it has got to be the craziest road sign ever!
mexicans LOVE their hot dogs! it's so funny! this is only part of the vast selection at our local grocery store :)
my sweet Ulysses and the marshmallow flower for his mom. these flowers are popular gifts for anything, so we made them tonight with the kids to give to their moms for mother's day (which was celebrated today here in mexico)
Paola (from Canal 58) and I at the going away party for Jim and Peggy Stokes on sunday
laura and i w/ paola and jorgito on the giant inflatable slide at the party
more of my sweet ulysses
my camera was not cooperating, so i couldn't get a good picture of these two smiling. but they were grinning and laughing like crazy while i was pushing them on these swings. they loved them!
leanne working on one of her paintings at our paint talk class
these trees are blooming all over the place right now. i love them!
me and a sweet baby at the party. if you happen to remember the picture i posted in february of me and a baby wearing a santa hat, this is the same baby
laura, etel and i. etel is one of our favorite friends here. she is so kind and an AMAZING cook!
more of me playing with the kids at the party
of course, laura and i had to get a lil time in on the merry go round!
becky giving a paint talk in canal 58 tonight. she did a great job!

1 comments:

adrianhitt said...

ulysses is absolutely precious! can't wait to meet him and take my own pics of him ;)

:)))))))))